- When the Ducks take on BYU Thursday afternoon, the Cougars will be without sophomore guard Kyle Collinsworth who tore his ACL last weekend in the WCC tournament title game. Collinsworth, one of the Cougarss best defenders, was also the team leader in both rebounds and assists while chipping in 14 points a game.
- Nate Silver's FiveThirtyEight blog re-launched yesterday as the latest ESPN property. Included are his NCAA tournament predictions, which give Oregon a 10% of reaching the elite eight.
- In case you were wondering how the Pac-12 was doing one month into the 2015 football recruiting season, Kevin Gemmell has the current status.
- Oregon's calling card on the diamond has been strong pitching and s small-ball approach to overcome their offensive limitations. But, Oregon's lineup has been doing some damage lately, with 44 runs scored in their last six games (though of course 20 came in a single game against Ohio State).
- Fresh off men's and women's indoor national championships, the Ducks look to kick off the outdoor season with the Oregon Preview this weekend at Hayward.
- The women's basketball team has extended Coach Westhead's tenure by at least one more game as the team accepted an WNIT bid and will host Pacific on Thursday evening.
Quote of the day:
It was tough because we just didn’t play very well, I think that hurt them more than anything. We were right there and we didn’t play well. They’ll bounce back, they’ll be ready to go.
--Coach Altman on the team's mentality after the poor second half against UCLA in the Pac-12 tournament.