- Oregon Softball is the number one team in the nation and showed it off on Thursday with a 9-1 win over the California Golden Bears. The Oregon Daily Emerald has some good photos from the win.
- Justin Phillips from Autzen Zoo has some media notes from Johnathan Loyd and his thoughts on football and joining the team a few weeks back.
- This article notes that there are three main position battles to watch this spring for Oregon Football: Defensive Tackle, Wide Receiver and the secondary. Personally, my main question mark is around backup quarterback. I think Matt Lubick has done a great job with the receivers in his short time here and, despite the loss of Bralon Addison, opportunities are everywhere.
- Friend of the Blog, Ken Goe, has a feature on Oregon thrower Brittany Mann who is looking to smash any records she can get her hands on.
- It was officially announced yesterday that A.J Lapray was transferring to Pepperdine.
- Each major sporting brand has a flagship school. Could Louisville be the pick for Adidas?
- Former Oregon Duck Brett Kingma has signed a scholarship offer to play for Western Washington. An interesting thing to note here is that he was actually signed to Oregon by Ernie Kent who recently took over at Washington State, the last stop Kingma was at.
Blurb of the Day
Oregon Duck Football legend Samie Parker dons the KISS facepaint.
That would be I RT @MIKEnificent3: @SAMIEPARKER SP the star child ??!? Lol pic.twitter.com/d9cOy9wGbn— SAMIE PARKER (@SAMIEPARKER) April 18, 2014