- Need a heartwarming story to brighten your Monday? Former Duck and current Chicago Bears offensive guard Kyle Long spent his Saturday at Chuck E. Cheese with a 9-year old fan who was getting bullied on the bus to school. Andrew Oyston got to spend the day playing games with Long after Oyston's father and Long connected via Twitter. Safe to say if Oyston won't be bullied much longer if an NFL lineman shows up by his side.
- After an unsuccessful stint with the Oregon basketball team, Arik Armstead has turned his focus back to the gridiron. This season, Armstead played in just one game for the Ducks, checking into a blowout against Washington State on January 26. In Oregon's spring game, Armstead had two tackles and a sack. Armstead said it helps being in a football mindset for a longer period of time.
- Due to some spring showers in Eugene, Oregon softball tied against Arizona State on Sunday, the first tie in head coach Mike White's career. Despite the unusual outcome, Rob Moseley points out some silver linings, including the fact the Ducks still control the Pac-12 as the regular season winds down.
- After getting swept by Oregon State last weekend, the Ducks rebounded nicely with a sweep over Arizona this weekend. Shaun Chase was a major source of power for Oregon, hitting two home runs on Friday night and a grand slam on Sunday. The Ducks face Oregon State on Tuesday before hitting the road for a mid-week game against Portland, followed by a weekend series against Arizona State.
- Oregon recently snagged their fourth commitment of the 2015 class as 3-star offensive guard Tyler Lemieux announced his decision to play for the Ducks via Twitter on Saturday. Lemieux also had offers from Louisville, Michigan, Arkansas and Miami, as well as most Pac-12 schools as he is from Yakima, Washington.
Tweet of the Day
Here's Kyle Long, spending his Saturday at Chuck E. Cheese with a young fan who had been bullied on the bus to school.
Stackin tickets with my man Andrew pic.twitter.com/4cMHcDNQQ2— Kyle Long (@Ky1eLong) May 3, 2014