It's Thursday. In exactly one week, South Carolina will kick off against Texas A&M, and college football will officially be underway. I can smell the missed field goals in the air. Onto the Quack:
- Oregon's receiving corps believes they can be among the best in the country. While there is little in the way of proven stars, there is certainly a lot of highly rated talent, including Keanon Lowe, Dwayne Stanford, Darren Carrington, B.J. Kelley, Devon and Chance Allen, Jalen Brown, and Johnathan Loyd.
- LeGarrette Blount can't stay out of his own way, this time getting arrested for marijuana possession. I think marijuana being illegal is dumb, but you still have to be smarter than to get caught. Perhaps Blount should have signed with the Seahawks or Broncos.
- Secondary coach John Neal wants to stay in Eugene and long, long time. He's one of the best in the country, and we are fortunate to have him.
- Stewart Mandel thinks Oregon will flop, and that vile purple team up north will win the Pac-12 North.
- Scary moment in Corvallis, as freshman basketball player Chai Baker collapsed with a cardiac condition and is in critical condition at Good Samaritan Regional Medical Center in Corvalllis. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.