Practice highlights (from Moseley's report):
- The Ducks held their second game-week practice in preparation for South Dakota.
- Dwayne Stanford stood out to Mosely at receiver today
- Byron Marshall, Thomas Tyner and Royce Freeman each had strong showings as the battle for Saturday's start continues.
And he is much faster than what people say. And the thing about Royce, he runs as fast in the fourth quarter as he does in the first quarter. He doesn't wear down; he wears opponents down.'
- Oregon's first two-deep was released yesterday, with the running back spot causing the most discussion. Of note, five true-freshman made the cut: Freeman, Tanner Carew, Charles Nelson, Tyrell Crosby, and Aidan Schneider.
- Tyson Alger has a story on the three-way tie atop the depth chart for running back. Personally, I'd be surprised if it's not Marshall.
- Andrew Grief offers 10 thoughts on the newly released roster.
- The Pac-12 blog has some notes and numbers for each of the games this weekend.
- The Register-Guard recently ran a poll asking fans to rank the top Oregon quarterbacks of all-time. The top four were: Joey Harrington, Marcus Mariota, Dan Fouts and Norm Van Brocklin.
- FIve-star running back commit Taj Griffin was injured in his season-opening game and will miss the entire season with a torn ACL in his left knee.