- De'Anthony Thomas seems to be progressing quite nicely with the Kansas City Chiefs so far as he's moved up the depth charts in practice. We'll get our first chance to see Thomas in NFL action on Thursday when the Chiefs take on the Bengals. Here's to hoping he pulls off some circus return that makes ESPN lose their mind.
- Rob Moseley continues his preseason preview of Oregon football with special teams. With the infamous Alejandro Maldonado now gone, Matt Wogan will handle the kicking and punting duties. Keanon Lowe and Thomas Tyner will likely handle kickoff returns while JOHNATHAN LOYD COULD RETURN PUNTS. I'm excited about that possibility and you should be, too.
- In case you missed it, the first coaches poll of the year was released on Thursday by USA. The Ducks checked in at No. 4, marking the fourth straight year that Oregon has been ranked in the top five of the preseason coaches poll. Florida State, Alabama and Oklahoma took the top three spots, respectively. Oregon also received one first place vote.
- Former Duck Jordan Hasay made her 10K road racing debut this weekend at the TD Bank Beach to Beacon 10K. Hasay finished fourth among women in 32:21. While it might be significantly slower than her 10K PR of 31:39 from the track, there are several added challenges in road races. You know, like hills and stuff. Hasay will take to the roads again on August 17 at the New Balance Falmouth Road Race.
- In keeping with the theme of looking past the South Dakota game, Andrew Grief and Michigan State beat writer Mike Griffith sit down to compare the Spartans and the Ducks. The most interesting question to me is the last one regarding how much the teams have talked about the colossal matchup. According to Griffith, the Spartans have "professionally addressed it when asked." As for the Ducks? Apparently it hasn't been brought up at all, which I have a hard time believing. Yes, you should never look past an opponent, but this is Oregon's biggest non-conference matchup since facing LSU to open the 2011 season. I guarantee you it's been talked about.