Official practice report highlights:
- Johnny Mundt, Darren Carrington, Jonathan Loyd and Jalen Brown all pulled in receiving touchdowns during team sessions.
- Thomas Tyner, Royce Freeman and Ayele Forde each had a long run.
- Ifo Ekpre-Olomu, Charles Nelson and Loyd took turns returning punts.
Quote of the day:
I wanted to come back and get my degree and enjoy another year with the guys and just experience college for another year. The whole unfinished business thing didn't really play a factor into why I came back.
-- Marcus Mariota on returning for his senior season
- Two Ducks who might have opened fall camp with more enthusiasm than most are Tyson Coleman and Tyler Johnstone, both of whom spent the offseason recovering from injuries. Both are expected to not only start this season but to be ready for the season opener on August 30th.
- In the latest Pac-12 blog mailbag, Ted Miller discusses the pressure facing Oregon this year.
- The Ducks appear to be embracing one of the most over-used tropes in sports as this year's team looks to adopt a blue-collar mentality.
- You didn't really expect Devon Allen's name not come up with so much quack this morning, did you? B.J. Kelley laid claim to the title of Oregon's fastest receiver, while admitting that Allen has him beat on the track.
- ESPN writes that Mariota is looking to take the next step though the article is mostly a re-hash of last season.
- Over at Rivals, A.J. Jacobson has a profile up of redshirt freshman Juwaan Williams who will be seeking time at safety this year.
- Over at Music City Miracles, TheDUCKinNoles10 has his #51 - #100 2015 NFL prospects, which features three Ducks.
- The men's basketball team will participate in the ESPN Tip-Off Marathon in which the various ESPN channels will air 24-hours straight of live college basketball beginning on November 17th. The Ducks will be hosting Detroit as part of the Legends Classic.