Good morning, Ducks fans. I hope we're all recovered from a wild weekend in the Palouse. Let's dive right in to today's news.
- After surviving a scare against Washington State, the Ducks get a much needed bye week before facing Arizona at Autzen Stadium on October 2. The break will give Oregon a chance to improve on their mistakes and recover from some bumps and bruises.
- In the polls, Oregon held steady at No. 2 in the AP Poll, but dropped one spot to No. 4 in the Amway Coaches Poll. The Ducks received 11 first place votes in the AP Poll but just three first place votes in the Coaches Poll.
- The Pac-12 refs were in midseason form on Saturday in Pullman, and that's not a compliment. The Ducks dodged a bullet with a blown pass interference call that possibly cost Washington State the game. Don't ask Mark Helfrich about it though. He's not going to comment on the officiating.
- Football may be the main focus in Eugene right now, but the Oregon baseball team is busy preparing for their 2015 season. The Ducks have 30 fall practices over the course of 45 days to help sort through their depth.
- After five straight games without a loss, the Oregon soccer team dropped their second straight match in a 2-1 loss to BYU on Thursday. Oregon held a 1-0 lead at the half but gave up goals in the 50th and 76th minute. The Ducks now open their Pac-12 slate with a matchup against Washington State on Thursday at Pape Field.