- Over the weekend, Fotu Leiato, a 3-star linebacker from Steilacoom, Wash. committed to the Ducks, filling a big need at linebacker. Leiato is an athletic addition to the defensive side of the ball for Oregon in an area they desperately need help in.
- Oregon basketball had a succesful homestead against the Los Angeles schools, sweeping USC and UCLA last week at Matthew Knight Arena. On Thursday, the Ducks fought off USC to hang on for a 75-67 win. Then, on Saturday, Oregon blew out UCLA in front of a national audience on CBS.
- During Saturday's win against UCLA, we saw the debut of Roman Sorkin, the 6-foot-10 freshman from the Israeli Junior National Team. Sorkin checked in during the game's final minute, grabbing a defensive rebound and hitting a long jumper. His role will likely be limited for this season, but here's to hoping for big things in the future for this kid.
- The NFL Scouting Combine will be here before we know it, and things are already off to a shaky start for Marcus Mariota who has a sprained AC joint and might not throw at the big pre-draft showcase. Mariota suffered the injury in the national championship when he was driven into the ground by Ohio State's Joey Bosa.
- The Oregon women's basketball team had a rough trip to the desert, falling to Arizona State in a 70-58 loss on Friday and then dropping a hard-fought overtime contest against Arizona on Sunday. The Ducks will be at home this week to face USC and UCLA.