ARE YOU READY? No, you're not.
First, Actually Important Things to read.
- Go take the time, right now, to read this great piece on a story from 1980 Oregon football history that changed Oregon politics and speech for 35 years. See how little has changed in college culture, how all those horrible things that we think don't happen happened here, easily, even when we sucked, and think about what you can do to change things for the better. Susan Elizabeth Shepard is a phenomenal writer and this is one of the best things that will be written about sports this year.
- Tonight is the biggest game of the season for the Ducks and the Sun Devils...ish... And it serves as a de facto elimination game for the Pac-12.
- Here's a guide to when, what, how and who to watch.
- Arizona State will have a tribute to Pat Tillman tonight. Throwbacks are almost always cool, unless they look like this.
- Historically Oregon's offense has been referred to as some exotic sports car, and we're looking forward to having a Ferrari instead of a Jetta.
- Practice is looking great, until you realize that it's going against the Oregon defense.
- Braden Eggert retired. Did you know that? I didn't. Good luck to him.
That's it for now. Go Ducks, and tune in later for the best stats article that you'll open, look at the conclusion and mock while its author cries and huddles in the bathroom that you'll read all week!