I didn't go to Oregon to play school
- The college football playoff first rankings have been announced, and the P12 and B12 are on the outside looking in. In spite of this early ranking, what held for Oregon last season likely holds for Stanford: win out, and they'll be in the playoffs.
- Want to relive the heart attack that was last week? Mac & Mose got you covered.
- Lots of notes for the Cal game from GoDucks, if you're so inclined.
- It's still unclear what the team is going to do with Byron Marshall.
- In a joke that has never, ever been done before a Cal player has brought roast duck to a news conference. Bear meat, in case you were wondering, is nasty stuff and you shouldn't eat it.
- Marcus Mariota is obviously coach cancer, and Helfrich has some words about it. Namely, that it sucks.
- Our scintillating practice report for yesterday is up, and it reveals amazing things as usual and it's clear this team is incredible. Congrats to Austin Daich on making the travel squad.
- Ryan Kelley, the nations top uncommitted QB, is going to make his decision on November 11th. And the odds are good he'll be saying he's a Duck. Which would make me a lot more excited if he were committing to something that isn't like 18 months from now.
- Vernon Adams is ranked higher than Travis Wilson and Oregon QBs aren't at the bottom of the list! YAY TEAM
- Jonathan Stewart and DAT both had TDs and good games last week. I'm really happy to hear about JStew's career; he's been awesome this year so far.
We really are a basketball school anyway, stop laughing
- Oregon started the season strong with a drubbing of Northwest Christian. In particular, Dillon Brooks scored 20 points in the firsts half.
Other sports stuff
- Oregon Men's Golf finished day two in 5th place.
- Women's golf wasn't quite as good, finishing 9th of 10th.
Got some news? Some panic about Jared Goff, Ken Whisenhunt, or TwistNHook?