- 4-star safety C.J. Pollard is planning on making his announcement during The Opening, which takes place in early July. Pollard currently has a list of six schools he is considering: USC, Utah, Arizona State, Michigan, Notre Dame and Oregon. Pollard is taking an unofficial visit to Eugene this weekend.
- Jared Mayden is also set to announce his decision at The Opening, and the Ducks seem to be the favorite. Mayden is a 4-star cornerback who has just recently cut his list to seven.
- Jamal Murray announced his commitment yesterday, and sadly we will not see him in an Oregon jersey next season. The Canadian 5-star recruit has decided to play basketball at the University of Kentucky next season.
- With most of the 2015 football team officially enrolled at Oregon, the summer session has officially begun in Eugene. Mark Helfrich says the most important thing to gain from this session is getting the new guys acclimated to the Oregon culture. Helfrich calls the process "indoctrination and inculturation."
- In Portland news, the Trail Blazers traded Nicolas Batum to the Hornets for Noah Vonleh and Gerald Henderson. It's an interesting trade from both sides, with the Blazers banking on the high upside of 19-year old Vonleh.