- Vin Lananna stepped down from his role as the head track and field coach at the University of Oregon in 2012. On Wednesday, it was announced that Lananna will be returning to a coaching position, this time on the world's largest athletic stage. The current associate athletic director at the University of Oregon and president of TrackTown USA will take on the job as the U.S. men's Olympic track and field coach for the 2016 games in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Marcus Mariota won yet another award on Wednesday, taking home the ESPY for Best Male College Athlete. The Heisman winner collected more votes than Jack Eichel (Boston University hockey), Frank Kaminsky (Wisconsin basketball), Logan Steiber (Ohio State wrestling) and Dansby Swanson (Vanderbilt baseball).
- Speaking of Marcus, the No. 2 overall NFL Draft pick has STILL not finalized a contract with the Tennessee Titans. The hang up lies in the drafted contract's offset language, which allows a team to reclaim the money originally guaranteed to a player if said player is released, and then signs with another team. The Flying Hawaiian remains the only 2015 first-round pick who has yet to sign a contract.
- Construction of the new Jane Sanders Stadium at the University of Oregon continues to progress.
- And just in case you forgot...51 days until Duck football.