- Jeff Lockie will have a head start on attempting to win the quarterback competition next month in Eugene. On Friday, in a phone interview with The Register Guard, incoming Oregon quarterback Vernon Adams says he will "probably be a couple days late." This is news we've all heard by now, and there's nothing Lockie or Adams can do until both are in camp together sometime around the second week of August.
- Oregon has been successful on the recruiting trail recently. However, the Ducks lost out on Xavier Kelly, a four-star defensive end who committed to Clemson over Oregon and other schools. Out of Kelly's top eight schools, Oregon was the only finalist he did not visit.
- In case you missed it, the Oregon athletic department put together a pretty slick highlight video from the past year.
- Last month, Texas A&M track coach Pat Henry voiced concerns that Oregon had an unfair advantage by hosting the NCAA Championships every year at Hayward Field. Oregon head coach Robert Johnson responded to the criticism, raising some good points along the way.
- Oregon's student-athletes know the importance of giving back in the community, even when that community is thousands of miles away. Stevie Jo Knapp of Oregon softball wrote a fantastic piece recapping the hard work put in by 20 Oregon student-athletes in the Dominican Republic to help build a sports court in a community.