Editor's Note: This is the ATQ debut of our newest writer, Sarah Scrivens. Sarah is a recent UO School of Journalism and Communication grad and we're thrilled to have her as part of the staff. Give her a warm welcome to our humble abode.
- Oregon distance runner Edward Cheserek has been named one of three finalists for the Bowerman Trophy. Cheserek was also a finalist for college track and field's top honor in 2015.
- Earlier this week sophomore running back Royce Freeman, senior defensive lineman DeForest Buckner, senior receiver Byron Marshall and two-way player Charles Nelson were all named to watch lists for some of the most prestigious awards in college football. Two more Ducks were added to watch lists on Wednesday: junior tight end Johnny Mundt for the John Mackey award, and senior center Matt Hegarty for the Remington Award.
- Another day, another set of pre-season predictions. Athlon Sports has compiled a list of the top five story lines to watch in the Pac-12 in 2015, as well as their staff predictions on the performances of both athletes and coaches come fall. Multiple Oregon players made their list of players to watch, including transfer quarterback Vernon Adams, who was unanimously deemed the Pac-12's "Top Newcomer" of the 2015 season by the writing staff.
- Nike's The Opening Finals, a showcase for football's best up-and-coming talent, will wrap up this Friday. The event, held in Beaverton, Ore., played host to plenty of Oregon commits and potential targets for the program.
- Former Oregon defensive lineman Arik Armstead made an appearance on the San Francisco 49ers' team Instagram account. The first-round pick was photographed while participating at the 49ers' Youth Football Camp.