- On Sunday, the preseason AP Top 25 poll was released, with the Ducks checking in at No. 7 overall. It's the first time since 2010 that the Ducks have been ranked outside of the top five teams in the nation to start the year.
- Taj Griffin has been turning heads at Oregon's practices this month. Royce Freeman said he's "never seen speed like this" in his life, while quarterback Travis Jonsen said that Griffin is "his own category, his own athleticism, his own species."
- Our friends over at California Golden Blogs preview the Ducks this season and if the Bears have a chance at a massive upset in Autzen Stadium.
- 5-star safety Brandon Jones announced his top six teams on Twitter this weekend, and Oregon has made the cut. Jones is also considering offers from LSU, Baylor, Texas A&M, Texas and Alabama.
- The Oregon women's soccer team opened their season on Saturday night against LSU. Despite outshooting the Tigers 14-9, the Ducks fell 2-1 to LSU at Papé Field.