- The comparisons are inevitable, based on height and weight -- but Michigan State head coach Mark Dantonio sees many similarities between Vernon Adams and former Big 10 quarterback, Russell Wilson.
- Despite the head shot and apparent hand ding, Adams says he's feeling good entering Saturday's game, which will be the largest venue he's ever played in.
- Think he doesn't know big games? Think again. Vernon is 3-1 against ranked teams in his career, including an undefeated record against FBS competition (OK, small sample). Bottom line? He won't be (too) nervous.
- Connor Cook should be feared, but, it's Michigan State's running game that could provide the knockout punch. If Oregon hopes to get out with a win, controlling -- or at least slowing down -- the MSU running game will be vital.
- Practice Report: Defense looking better, day-by-day, but they're not satisfied.
- Not only can Oregon give itself a huge boost in their playoff chances with a win, they could set themselves up for the future, as well. MSU will have upwards of 200 recruits on hand -- and many of them have Oregon on their list.
- For Oregon, as always, speed -- and conditioning -- will be key to coming away with a victory. Last year, it was that speed that propelled them to victory; can history repeat itself on natural grass?
Bonus: in case you missed it, here's our Q & A with Austin Smith of The Only Colors, our sister-blog from SB Nation. Let's put it this way: people in the state of Michigan are ready for revenge.