Utah at #13 USC 8 PM ABC
- The Utes travel to Los Angeles and get to check out the local FBI agents doing work on the USC program. Oh, wrong sport there. Sorry about that. The Trojans have been the epitome of the phrase inconsistently consistent. While winning all but one game, they've been doing it the hard way. This could be a trap game with the Irish coming up next week. The Utes are looking for a bounce back after losing a close one to Stanford last week.
Utah prospect to watch
1. Lowell Lotuleilei 6'2 310 DL Junior
- If the last name sounds familiar, you're right. Lowell is the younger brother of current Carolina Panther DT Star. He's very fundamentally sound as an overall tackle. He's a modern day nose tackle that holds the line for his teammates to make plays. Run defense is a major plus. Isn't the fastest guy but has pass rush ability. Hands are pluses as well. Will likely get drafted high based on name value and consistent college production.
USC prospects to watch
1. Sam Darnold 6'4 225 QB Junior
- The latest "golden arm" prospect out of the Trojan factory. He's had a rough go of it in 2017 thus far, tanking his draft stock and Heisman hopes. Pocket presence had been improving until a shaky OL ruined it. Has all the physical tools to make it in the league. A gamer.
2. Cameron Smith 6'2 245 LB Junior
- Smith is a grizzled college football veteran after having a sensational start to his career as a freshman. Smith is a fast twitch linebacker with a great football IQ. Very athletic and fits the mold for modern day linebackers. One of the best LBs in the country. Tackling machine and fundamentally sound. Can play both inside and outside with very little drop off in play. Injury history is muddled after suffering a knee problem in freshman season. Lateral agility and burst is undeniable.
3. Iman Marshall 6'0 200 CB Junior
- If you look closely, "Biggie" was the better cornerback prospect than current Tennessee Titan Adoree Jackson and Jackson was a first round pick. Very solid in fundamentals. A great athlete that can keep up with the faster receivers in the nation. Ball skills are on point. CB1 potential and then some. Has been a standout ever since he stepped foot on campus.
4. Porter Gustin 6'5 260 DE/LB Junior
- Gustin might be the best edge rusher in the Pac-12 if not the entire country. He's a freak athlete with great measureables. Flashed a lot of talent and potential during the first two years of his career. A defensive end by trade but has enough athleticism to pass for a good outside linebacker in certain situations. Standout junior campaign has him flying up the boards.
Oregon at #23 Stanford 11 PM FS1
- The Ducks must be having a serious case of the deja vu. Once again, they have to deal with an unfortunate fire devastating a region. I do send out my thoughts and prayers to those affected by the fires in NorCal. I'm pretty sure the air quality won't be the greatest, either. Stanford, is back to being the Stanford that we've all come to expect. Oregon has been decimated by injury to key positions and is desperately searching for answers on offense. The defense has held up fine but the load on that unit is far too heavy a burden. Prediction: Trees 27 Ducks 14
Oregon prospect to watch
1. Royce Freeman 5'11 231 RB Senior
- Another game, another Royce Freeman sighting. Strength is a major plus. Lateral agility and footwork are pluses. Has been dominant in 2017. He's close to getting early draft consideration after a solid start to the 2017 campaign. Has been nicked up a bit this year so the injury issues are cropping up again.
Stanford prospect to watch
1. Bryce Love 5'10 180 RB Junior
- Love is good. He has over 1000 yards on less than 100 carries. Has faced a ton of stacked boxes due to Stanford's horrid QB play. A great athlete with plus lateral agility and instincts. In any other year that doesn't have Saquon Barkley using his college eligibility, Love would be the presumptive early favorite for the Heisman Trophy. Should be in a for a decent test against Oregon.
Bonus game to watch
UCLA at Arizona 9 PM Pac-12 Network
- The Who's going to get fired first bowl. Possible unforeseen wacky #Pac12AfterDark game in this one.