Colorado State vs. Colorado 8:00 PM Pac-12 Network
"Rocky Mountain Showdown"
- The Buffaloes and Rams are set to renew acquaintances in Denver once more. CSU is coming off a blowout victory over Oregon State last week while the Buffs were idle preparing this season opener. Colorado had a pretty good run in 2016, making an appearance in the Pac-12 title game. They return a pretty good chunk of that team this year possibly make a similar run. Colorado currently leads the all time series 64-22-2 and has won 11 of the 21st century's meetings. Can the Rams reverse the momentum and win this year? Or will the Buffs continue the streak?
Colorado State prospect to watch
1. Michael Gallup 6'1 200 WR Senior
- He's a technically proficient route runner that can run virtually every route in his sleep. Mike Bobo's offense is a variance of the "pro style" that requires its receivers to be great route runners. He could be one of the sleepers in a loaded 2017 receiver class. Current Stats: 11 receptions for 134 yards
Colorado prospects to watch
1. Phillip Lindsay 5'8 190 RB Senior
- A dynamic athlete that's could be used as a slot weapon at the next level. Lindsay was the do everything back for the Buffaloes in 2016. If there was a college version of a PPR fantasy football league, he'd be a high round pick due to his versatility. Has some return ability as well.
2. Isaiah Oliver 6'1 190 CB Junior
- The unquestioned leader of the Buffs defense now that three former secondary mates are in the NFL. Oliver also is a capable return man when called upon. Has the potential to be a top 5 corner should he go pro early. A track athlete with size that NFL teams will surely salivate over. Watch for this guy to have a big year.
3. Jeromy Irwin 6'5 300 OL Senior
- Irwin is back for an encore after leading the Buffs' offensive surge last year. Can play multiple positions along the line but will likely settle in as a guard in the league. Scouts will love his versatility. Question is, will he be considered too versatile like a jack of all trades but a master of none?
Cal at North Carolina 12:20 PM ACC Network / WatchESPN
- The Bears and longtime frenemy / former Duck Justin Wilcox travel to Chapel Hill to take on the reloading Tar Heels. Cal struggled to a 5-7 record in 2016 and fired Sonny Dykes and the Air Raid offense as a result. North Carolina posted a 8-5 record, which was good for 2nd place in the ACC Coastal division. UNC has prior experience in dealing with Pac-12 teams, losing to Stanford in the 2016 Sun Bowl. It's interesting matchup between Wilcox the defensive specialist against the spread offense minded Larry Fedora. The Heels are trying to cope with the loss of current Chicago Bear Mitchell Trubisky. Cal, meanwhile, wants respectability and some defense along the way.
Cal prospect to watch
1. Tre Watson 5'9 190 RB Senior
- Watson served as a partner in crime to Tennessee Titan Khalfani Muhammad and will finally get his shot as the main guy in 2017. Like Muhammad before him, Watson is an undersized running back at only 5'9 190 and a terrific athlete. He has prior experience as a return man and is a good receiver out of the backfield. He projects as an UDFA right now but can improve with a great year as the lead back. NFL teams will question his size, however.
North Carolina prospects to watch
1. Brandon Harris 6'3 220 QB Senior
- Harris transferred into UNC as a graduate transfer from LSU. He's a fundamentally raw prospect that never really developed during his stay in the Bayou. Good athlete can make something out of nothing on broken plays. He's a perfect fit for Larry Fedora's spread system. Could be in line for a big year if Fedora can develop him.
Note: As there are a deluge of games throughout the weekend (welcome back college football!), I will post previews for Sunday games on Sunday morning. Thanks for reading!