A pair of interesting in conference games that have a lot of #Pac12AfterDark potential kicking off at the same time.
Colorado at UCLA 10:30PM ESPN2
- The Buffaloes travel to Los Angeles and take on the reeling Bruins, who have lost two straight coming in. Colorado is coming off a perfunctory loss to the Huskies last week. Both teams need a win to stay alive in the Pac-12 South race after a big USC loss on Friday night. The Bruins will need to figure out what is wrong with their defense and rather quickly as the meat of the conference schedule looms. HC Jim Mora needs a career saving win in the worst way possible. Can the Buffs run all over the clearly befuddled Bruins defense? Will UCLA stop the slide over a perceived inferior opponent?
Colorado prospects to watch
1. Phillip Lindsay 5'8 190 RB Senior
- A dynamic athlete that's could be used as a slot weapon at the next level. Lindsay has been the Buffs best offensive weapon (as expected) thus far into the 2017 season. He's shown a lot of toughness running in the middle. Expected to be a late round pick or high priority UDFA.
2. Isaiah Oliver 6'1 190 CB Junior
- The unquestioned leader of the Buffs defense now that three former secondary mates are in the NFL. Oliver also is a capable return man when called upon. Pretty solid start to 2017.
3. Jeromy Irwin 6'5 300 OL Senior
- Irwin is back for an encore after leading the Buffs' offensive surge last year. Can play multiple positions along the line but will likely settle in as a guard in the league. Scouts will love his versatility. Question is, will he be considered too versatile like a jack of all trades but a master of none?
UCLA prospects to watch
1. Josh Rosen 6'4 220 QB Junior
- Rosen has all the physical tools in the world to be a great QB but he has yet to put together a full season of consistent tape. There are also injury questions with him as he missed virtually all of 2016. He also did the Cardale Jones thing and said he isn't here to play school. As refreshing as his take was, teams will question him about it. Not the best athlete in the world, either.
2. Jaleel Wadood 5'10 175 S Senior
- Wadood has had a rough go of it in 2017 along with his defensive mates. He has looked lost and is frequently beaten in coverage. Caught peeking into the backfield too often. Needs a ton of work on fundamentals. Playing himself out of a potential UDFA call.
Cal at Oregon 10:30 PM FS1
- It's finally here, folks. Duck alum Justin Wilcox takes his Golden Bears to Eugene in what has become a fun rivalry over the years. Cal fell just short in what was a close contest against the Trojans last week while the Ducks put in a less than ideal performance against Arizona State. Cal has been the surprise of the Pac-12 as many did not pick them to do much of anything this year. Oregon has been, well, inconsistently consistent so far in the Willie Taggart era. Can Cal get some measure of revenge for Mr. Wilcox or will the Ducks spoil the homecoming?
Oregon prospects to watch
1. Royce Freeman 5'11 231 RB Senior
- Another Saturday, Another record for Rolls Royce.Strength is a major plus. Firmly on the scout's radar for a high draft grade. Still has those elite vision and instinct skills even after rough year last season. Stock is definitely trending up again.
2. Arrion Springs 5'11 205 CB Senior
- Springs has flashed some improvement but continues to show the inconsistencies of years gone by. Needs to build on a relatively positive game against the Sun Devils this week. Coach Leavitt needs a big time raise if he can coach him up into a priority UDFA level.