Another exciting week as always in the NFL. There’s no love lost between the Browns and Hue Jackson; and LeGarrett Blount earned himself a turkey leg on Thanksgiving, but the Lions weren’t able to get him one.
Offense by position:
- Tyrell Crosby, Detroit Lions – Two snaps on special teams for Crosby, falling 23-16 to the Bears in an NFC North divisional matchup. Detroit continues their descent with their fourth loss in five games.
- Jake Fisher, Cincinnati Bengals – Started for the Bengals at LT for the first time this season with Cordy Glenn listed as inactive. Unfortunately, it didn’t last long. Fisher left the game before the end of the half against the Browns with a back injury. His status will be questionable week 13 against Denver.
- Kyle Long, Chicago Bears – Placed on IR week 9 with a right foot injury. Long is expected to miss 6-8 weeks. He’ll have his first chance to return Dec. 30, week 17 per Chicago Tribune’s Colleen Kane. The Bears (8-3) keep on rolling extending their five-game winning streak with the win over Detroit.
- Max Unger, New Orleans Saints – 31-17 victory over Atlanta making it 10 wins straight for Unger and the Saint, who haven’t been beaten since week 1.
- Hroniss Grasu, Baltimore Ravens – Waived by the Ravens after activating CB Maurice Canady off the IR, Saturday.
- Ed Dickson, Seattle Seahawks – Didn’t start, but played the majority of snaps at TE for Seattle. Dickson ended the 30-27 victory over Carolina with 2 receptions for 13 yards, out-snapping starter Nick Vannett 44 to 24.
- Johnny Mundt, Los Angeles Rams – Bye week for Mundt and the (10-1) Rams. Their next opponent will be (4-7) Detroit, Sunday Afternoon. Los Angeles has a 4-game lead in the NFC West over (6-5) Seattle.
- Pharaoh Brown, Cleveland Browns – Listed as inactive in Cleveland’s 35-20 win over division rival Cincinnati. Former Browns head coach Hue Jackson came onto the Bengals as an assistant coach after being fired from Cleveland. Let’s just say it left things a little awkward between the two sides.
- Marcus Mariota, Tennessee Titans – On the road against the red-hot Houston Texans. Mariota threw for 303 yards, 2 TD’s and 28 rushing yards in Tennessee’s 17-34 loss, Monday night.
- De’Anthony Thomas, Kansas City Chiefs – Will miss the remainder of the season after re-fracturing his leg in practice week 6 and being placed on IR. The injury wont require surgery, however It is the same leg that Thomas fractured week 17 of last season.
- LeGarrette Blount, Detroit Lions – Really wanted that turkey leg in Detroit’s and Chicago’s Thanksgiving Day game. It was Blount’s best performance of the year leading the Lions with 19 carries, 88 yards and 2 TD’s.
- Royce Freeman, Denver Broncos – 6 carries for 17 yards in Denver’s 24-17 upset over Pittsburgh.
- Jonathan Stewart, New York Giants – Still on the IR, but designated to return to the Giants before the end of the regular season. It’s unclear however if he’ll be ready to suit up against Chicago week 13 per sources.
- Kenjon Barner, Carolina Panthers – Claimed by Carolina after New England cut Barner with the return of Rex Burkhead immanent. Barner was listed as inactive for Sunday’s contest.
- Byron Marshall, Washington Redskins – Activated off IR prior to week 11. Marshall only saw 1 offensive snap as Washington takes the L on Thanksgiving to Dallas 23-31.
Defense by position:
- Arik Armstead, San Francisco 49ers – A tackle and a hit on everyone’s least favorite quarterback Jameis Winston. 49ers fall 9-27 to Tampa Bay.
- Dion Jordan, Seattle Seahawks – Starting his first game since December of 2014 for Miami, Jordan played 41 snaps on defense. While only accumulating a tackle against Carolina, it’s great to see Jordan getting chances to start and make his impact on the game.
- DeForest Buckner, San Francisco 49ers – Continuing to add to an impressive 2018 campaign, Buckner closed out the loss with 5 tackles, a sack and 2 TFL. The sack pushes his total to 7.0 on the season setting a new career-high.
- Haloti Ngata, Philadelphia Eagles – Failed to record any stats in Philadelphia’s 25-22 victory over the Giants.
- Kiko Alonso, Miami Dolphins – 6 tackles and a TFL as the Dolphins (5-6) drop below .500 for the first time this season, losing to the Colts 27-24.
- Joe Walker, Arizona Cardinals – Continues to be used strictly on special teams as Arizona drops to 2-9 with the 10-45 loss to the Chargers.
- Troy Hill, Los Angeles Rams – Bye week for Hill who’s played solidly in Aqib Talib’s absence. Talib is eyeing a return against the Lions week 13. Hill will continue to see valuable time with the Rams considering his level of play while filling in as a starter for Los Angeles.
- Terrance Mitchell, Cleveland Browns – Eligible to return week 14. Mitchell was taken off IR last Wednesday, but is permitted to sit out two games according to league rules.
- Patrick Chung, New England Patriots – led the Patriots defense in tackles with 13 and a TFL. New England advances to 8-3 with the win over the Jets 27-13.
Follow Colt Johnson on Twitter for more Oregon news, sports and information @Barefoot_Sensei