(This is a weekly series focused on previewing and discussing Oregon Baseball. Feel free to use this as a game thread for the upcoming series against the Oregon State Beavers)
The Oregon Ducks (19-15-0) are coming off a heart-wrenching series loss to their most hated rival, the Washington huskies (17-15-0). Now, the Ducks will travel a short distance from home to face another old foe, the No. 7 Oregon State Beavers (26-6-0).
Ducks Lose Series Against huskies
As previously stated in the most recent Diamond Ducks series, the three games in Seattle turned terrible for the Webfoots. The Ducks opened the series with a 1-2 loss. Then, after a rain delay forced the teams into a doubleheader on Sunday, the huskies lost to the good guys in a thrilling 13-inning, 6-4, game that setup the rubber match. Unfortunately, the final game proved much less competitive, as Washington’s pitchers kept Oregon scoreless and earned the win, 0-4.
UP NEXT: No. 7 Oregon State
- Oregon State is 389-136 at home since 1999.
- Cadyn Grenier has a batting average of .367, while the team as a whole is batting .306
- Adley Rutschman is leading the Beavers in RBIs with 13.
- OSU won PAC-12 pitcher (Luke Heimlich) and player (Trevor Larnach) of the week in their two wins over Missouri State.
- The Beavs dominated Missouri State by a combined score of 27-8.
- Last season Oregon State clinched the PAC-12 title by sweeping the series in Eugene.
- Nick Madrigal, last year’s PAC-12 player of the year, could possibly return this week after missing 23 games due to a wrist injury suffered against Arizona.
- The Beavers are leading the PAC in slugging percentage (.473), doubles (80), and sacrifice bunts (34).
- Oregon State leads the all time series, 178-162.
1 Stanford (9-3) 27-5
2 UCLA (11-4) 22-10
3 Washington (8-4) 17-15
4 Oregon State (7-5) 26-6
5 Arizona (6-6) 23-12
6 California (7-8) 21-12
7 Oregon (6-9) 19-15
8 USC (6-9) 17-15
9 Arizona State (6-9) 14-22
10 Washington State (5-10) 10-20
11 Utah (4-8) 9-25
Thursday, 4/19, 6 PM, Corvallis, PAC-12 NETWORK
Friday, 4/20, Corvallis, 4 PM, PAC-12 NETWORK
Saturday, 4/21, Corvallis, 4 PM, PAC-12 NETWORK