The 2018 NFL Draft is in the books. There were only two Ducks drafted but that does not mean that the other draft eligible Ducks’ careers end. There are plenty more avenues in which they can make something of themselves in the league.
Oregon have had some UDFA signings that went on in the feeding frenzy that is after the draft. Keep an eye on this post for more updates if there are any.
Long snapper Tanner Carew stays close to home by signing a deal with the Seattle Seahawks
Tanner Carew to Seahawks— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) April 28, 2018
- Carew was the top ranked long snapper and it was a major shock that he wasn’t drafted. There was one long snapper drafted in the seventh round that was ranked lower than he was. He will compete with incumbent Tyler Ott for the job.
Cornerback Arrion Springs has signed with the Kansas City Chiefs
- Springs will compete with fellow UDFA signee D’Montre Wade for a spot on the final 53. The Chiefs depth at corner is really lacking so Springs has a decent shot of making the team.
WR/DB Charles Nelson wasn’t signed to a deal but will have tryouts this weekend with the Chiefs.
Per his agent Landon Betsworth, Oregon WR and @Seabreeze_FB product Charles Nelson (@ChuckTooraw) will be attending rookie minicamp on a tryout basis this weekend with the Chiefs. If he’s not signed, he also has a tryout lined up the following weekend with the Colts.— Chris Boyle (@ChrisBoyleDBNJ) April 29, 2018
- Nelson might stick on a roster if he signed due to his versatility on both offense and defense.
DL Henry Mondeaux is signing a deal with the New Orleans Saints. Which is perfect due to his nomenclature and the French based culture that exists in the state of Louisiana.
Oregon DL Henry Mondeaux is signing with the Saints, I’m told— Nick Underhill (@nick_underhill) April 29, 2018
- Mondeaux will likely have to have a great camp to make the roster due to the Saints depth at defensive line. He will be given every opportunity to make it though as the back end of the roster isn’t exactly full of world beaters. He would add to the Saints massively improved defense that came within one play of making it to the NFC title game.
DB Tyree Robinson signed with 2018 draft hosts and All or Nothing featured team Dallas Cowboys
Congrats to Tanner Carew to Seattle, Tyree Robinson to Dallas and Arrion Springs to KC. All great guys, great leaders and great players. Will be truly missed, excited for their future pro careers! Go Ducks!!— Jim Leavitt (@CoachJimLeavitt) April 29, 2018
- Robinson certainly has his work cut out for him in order to make the final 53. The Cowboys have invested significant resources in their secondary the past few years. They also signed four other defensive backs as UDFAs this year including two big time ones in Kameron Kelly and Charvarius Ward. The road to a pro career will not be easy for Mr. Robinson.
DB Ty Griffin has signed with the Tennessee Titans.
DL Scott Pagano has reportedly signed with the Seahawks
Scott Pagano is now with the Seahawks— Clemson Tom (@ClemsonTom) April 28, 2018