Oregon against Utah. The best three-point shooting defense in the PAC-12 against the best three-point shooting offense in the PAC-12. The U of O defense came out on top as the Utes weren’t hitting too many deep shots in the 2nd half. The Utah turnovers were a major issue, committing 19 in the game. Will Richardson was the shining star in this one as he finished with a game-high and career-high 19 points.
Louis King - 7 Points, 5 Rebounds, 2 Steals
Paul White - 14 Points, 4 Rebounds, 3 Assists
Francis Okoro - 2 Points
Will Richardson - 19 Points, 5 Rebounds, 3 Blocks, 2 Steals
Payton Pritchard - 12 Points, 7 Rebounds
Kenny Wooten - 4 Points, 3 Rebounds, 3 Blocks
Ehab Amin - 13 Points, 3 Steals
Miles Norris - 4 Points, 2 Steals
Victor Bailey Jr. - 3 Points
Timmy Allen - 13 Points, 4 Rebounds
Riley Battin - 8 Points, 4 Rebounds
Jayce Johnson - 11 Points, 13 Rebounds
Sedrick Barefield - 16 Points, 5 Assists
Parker Van Dyke - 8 Points, 2 Steals
Donnie Tillman - 16 Points, 6 Rebounds
- Utah, as expected, was hot to start out from beyond the arc. Donnie Tillman hit 3 three-pointers coming off the bench.
- Kenny Wooten took a scary fall and went to the locker room. He would return in the 1st half with about four minutes left.
- I have a lot of respect for Bol Bol and the fact that he is traveling with the team. He could be working on his game and getting ready for the NBA Draft but instead, he elected to stay with his team.
- Donavan Mitchell of the Utah Jazz attended tonight’s game in Salt Lake City. Some would say he was an all-star snub but I would disagree.
- Utah has been a turnover machine this season and tonight was no different. The Utes turned the ball over 13 times in the first 20 minutes of play. Oregon scored 18 points off those turnovers.
- Oregon’s first lead came with 40 seconds left in the 1st half after a Payton Pritchard layup. Utah was held without a field goal for the last 7 minutes of the 1st half.
- Paul White has scored in double-figures in 8 of the last 9 games.
- Victor Bailey continues to struggle. He has hit 2 of his last 19 field goal attempts.
- Oregon had 11 steals, a part of their game that has been pretty consistent throughout this season.
- Oregon struggled from beyond the arc (5-21 3PT) and Utah left some free points from the line off the board (13-23 FT).
- Ehab Amin was a nick spark off the bench. Dana Altman could use more of that down the road.
Oregon has won two straight and look to make it three with a tough game in Boulder. If Will Richardson plays like he did tonight, the Buffaloes are going to have a long night.
Next Game - Oregon @ Colorado (9:30 PM ET, PAC12) on Saturday, February 2nd
*Arden Cravalho is a senior at Gonzaga University... Follow him on Twitter @a_cravalho