Oregon was playing very unorganized against the Trojans. It looked like a pick-up game out there with a lot of isolation plays. Give props to USC for shutting the Oregon offense down. It seemed like the Ducks couldn’t penetrate the basket, make any three-pointers, pretty much couldn’t do anything. Just not a good effort from U of O in Los Angeles tonight.
Louis King - 16 Points, 6 Rebounds
Paul White - 9 Points, 4 Rebounds
Kenny Wooten - 2 Points
Will Richardson - 0 Points
Payton Pritchard - 5 Points, 3 Steals
Francis Okoro - 3 Points
Ehab Amin - 0 Points
Miles Norris - 4 Points
Victor Bailey Jr. - 10 Points
Bennie Boatwright - 20 Points, 6 Rebounds
Nick Rakocevic - 17 Points, 6 Rebounds
Jonah Mathews - 5 Points, 4 Rebounds, 4 Assists, 2 Steals
Shaqquan Aaron - 5 Points, 5 Rebounds
Derryck Thornton - 10 Points, 4 Assists
Kevin Porter Jr. - 5 Points, 6 Rebounds
- Kenny Wooten plays his first game without the mask since December 21st (@ Baylor). In my opinion, he looked a lot more intimidating and cooler with the black mask on.
- Bennie Boatwright has been on fire from deep range lately. He made 6 three-pointers tonight and had 10 three-pointers (tied for PAC-12 record) against California in the last game. One of the best shooters in the league.
- Louis King continues to be the best scoring freshmen in the PAC-12. Will he be leaving Oregon early and put his name in the NBA Draft along with Bol Bol?
- King has scored double figures for the 12th time in 13 PAC-12 games this season.
- Payton Pritchard finished with 0 assists. No way you win a game when your point guard does that.
- Oregon only made 18 field goals out of 54 attempts and 4 three-pointers out of 21 attempts.
- USC was sharing the rock and finished with 20 assists. Oregon only had 10 assists total.
Oregon (15-11, 6-7) falls to 9th place in the PAC-12 standings after UCLA upset Oregon State. USC (15-12, 8-6) jumps up to a 4th place tie with Utah.
Next Game - Oregon @ UCLA (10:00 PM ET, ESPN2) on Saturday, February 23rd
*Arden Cravalho is a senior at Gonzaga University... Follow him on Twitter @a_cravalho