After a long offseason process, the 2019 NFL Draft is upon us tonight with the first round in Nashville, Tennessee. No Duck is expected to go in the first round even with the unpredictability of it.
What have the future #ProDucks been up to since they left the program?
“30 Visit” means that the prospect was one of the 30 non local (usually within state borders) allotted visitors given to teams.
“EW” - East-West Shrine Game Meeting
“Senior Bowl” - Senior Bowl Meeting
“Combine” - Combine meeting in which teams are allowed 15 minute interviews with the prospect.
DB Ugo Amadi
H/W: 5’9 199
Hand: 9 4/8 inches
Arms: 31 6/8 inches
Wingspan: 77 1/8 inches
40 yard dash: 4.51 official
Visits / Meetings
Arizona Cardinals: 30
Chicago Bears / New York Jets / Pittsburgh Steelers: 30
- How he would fit Arizona: At cornerback, he would fit in as the third corner behind perennial All-Pro Patrick Peterson and new signing Robert Alford. At safety, he would compete with former huskie Budda Baker and DJ Swearinger for starters’ reps.
- How he would fit Chicago: Would likely project as the fourth corner behind aging Prince Amukamara, veteran Buster Skrine and former first round pick Kyle Fuller. He would slot in behind the emerging Eddie Jackson.
- How he would fit the Jets: Cornerback would be tougher to crack the rotation as there are several veterans ahead of him. Safety could be a bit easier for him as only Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye likely ahead of him.
- How he would fit Pittsburgh: Let’s just say that the Steelers need some cornerback help next to Joe Haden. He would compete for starters’ reps there. Safety is more fluid as more veterans are set in stone there.
Prediction: Round 4
EDGE Justin Hollins
H/W: 6’5 248
Hand: 10 3/8 inches
Arms: 33 3/8 inches
Wingspan: 79 4/8 inches
40 yard dash: 4.50 official
Vertical Jump: 36.5 inches
Broad Jump: 9’11”
3 Cone: 7.06 seconds
Visits / Meetings
Miami Dolphins: 30
Some pre-draft visits/workouts: #Oregon edge Justin Hollins is flying into Miami today for a visit with the #Dolphins tomorrow, source said. ... #Florida LB Vosean Joesph is visiting the #Bills today on a 30 visit, while #Marshall DL Juwon Young had a workout with #Lions.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 7, 2019
Denver Broncos: 30
Some pre-draft visits: #Oregon edge Justin Hollins is headed to the #Broncos now for a visit, I’m told. ... #NotreDame DL Jerry Tillery is visiting the #Titans on a 30 visit. They pick No. 19. ... #ColoradoSt WR Preston Williams is visiting with the #49ers today and tomorrow.— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 14, 2019
He also met with the Steelers at the East-West Shrine Game.
- How he would fit Miami: Due to the lack of depth at either defensive end or outside linebacker, Hollins could easily gain a starting spot at those position.s
- How he would fit Denver: Competition to be the third pass rusher beside future Hall of Fame linebacker Von Miller and former first round pick and emerging talent Bradley Chubb.
Prediction: Round 3
EDGE Jalen Jelks
H/W: 6’5 250
Hands: 9 5/8 inches
Arms: 34 5/8 inches
Wingspan: 83 inches
40 yard dash: 4.92 official
Vertical Jump: 32.5”
Broad Jump: 9’4”
3 Cone: 7.22 seconds
Visits / Meetings
According to Walterfootball.com, Jelks met with the Cardinals, Baltimore Ravens, Chicago Bears, Houston Texans, Dolphins, New England Patriots, New York Giants, Oakland Raiders, Seattle Seahawks, and the Tennessee Titans at the Senior Bowl. He was also a 30 for the Dolphins and Seahawks.
- It seems like the Dolphins and “nearby” Seahawks have shown the most interest in Jelks from that visit list. Teams just don’t waste 30 visits for no reason.
- He’s had a rough go of it during the offseason, starting from the Senior Bowl where he didn’t do much to the Combine where he performed worse. The Pro Day was really key for him but he largely stood on his lackluster Combine effort.
- Something happened during his senior season in which he didn’t do so well after a hot junior campaign.
Prediction: Round 5-6
WR Dillon Mitchell
H/W: 6’1 197
Hand (right): 8 1/8
Hand: (left): 9
Arms: 31 1⁄2
Wingspan: 74 3/8
40 yard dash: 4.46 official
Vertical Jump: 36.5”
Broad Jump: 10’2”
Visits / Meetings
Cardinals / Steelers / Ravens / Cowboys: 30
"Nothing compares to the Hatfield-Dowlin Complex. Nothing.”— Bri Amaranthus (@BriAmaranthus) April 16, 2019
Oregon star Dillon Mitchell has visited the Steelers, Cardinals and Ravens ahead of the 2019 NFL Draft
He's ready to make the world 'eat their words' ➡️https://t.co/pJurQU5Ue3 #GoDucks #ProDucks @DMFM1_ pic.twitter.com/j8pll2lpxg
He also met with the Buccaneers at the Combine.
- As you well know, Mitchell was the leading receiver for the Ducks last season. He chose to sit on his Combine numbers for the most part.
- How he fits with the Ravens: Well, they need anyone that can reasonably play the position.
- How he fits with the Steelers: See above. He would likely get some major reps behind JuJu-Smith-Schuster.
- How he would fit with the Cardinals: Ditto. A great veteran mentor in future Hall of Fame receiver Larry Fitzgerald and an opportunity to play with Kyler Murray?
- How he would fit with the Cowboys: A WR2 behind Amari Cooper.
Prediction: Round 5