The Senior Bowl released their 2020 watch list this morning via Twitter. There are several Ducks on the list.
The Senior Bowl is the premier offseason invite event where the nation’s top seniors and eligible junior graduates take part in practices and the game in front of media and the NFL teams.
The 2019 event featured one Duck in current Dallas Cowboys EDGE Jalen Jelks.
Which Ducks made the list?
Proud to unveil 2020 #SBWATCHLIST. Our staff has graded every player on the list, as well as hundreds of others.— Jim Nagy (@JimNagy_SB) August 21, 2019
To the players not on the list, please know that we will keep an open mind this fall and we anticipate many of you ascending as seniors. #TheDraftStartsInMOBILE pic.twitter.com/7haGlQUNOl
- QB Justin Herbert, WR Juwan Johnson, G Shane Lemieux, T Calvin Throckmorton, TE Jacob Breeland LB Troy Dye, and LB La’Mar Winston were named to the list.
- I find it interesting that Dye was labeled as an outside linebacker when he has played as an inside linebacker his entire career. It’s not a negative reflection of the Senior Bowl folks but an interesting evaluation. I agree with it as the versatility adds to his value. He might be better suited outside given his size. I wonder if Coach Avalos would use him there in certain packages.
- The Senior Bowl is where a lot of the smaller school prospects get their chance to shine and get drafted. A lot of them will feature heavily as its been a trend lately.
- There could be more than one Duck in 2020 in this prestigious event.
Where does the Pac-12 feature the most?
- The Pac-12 had a near even split on offense and defense with 17 defensive prospects to 20 offensive prospects.
- The front seven prospects in the conference are some of the best in the nation with Utah EDGE Bradlee Anae, Utah DT Leki Fotu Cal LB Evan Weaver, Oregon LB Troy Dye, Oregon LB La’Mar Winston leading the way.
- It’s interesting that the conference has become a defensive minded one after years of perception that it’s the land of offensive genius in perpetuity.
- It’s going to be a long year for Pac-12 offenses if the hype around these defensive players is real. I suspect many of them will ultimately make the final Senior Bowl roster.