Practice Notes (from Tuesday's official report)
- After the Arizona loss, the Ducks continue to focus on their process, especially after possibly putting too much emphasis on the Stanford game last year. The Ducks need to focus on what they do, and execute that.
- The Ducks will also need to limit Stanford's (not very good but) bruising physical attack. While the Cardinal showed a little something new against OSU, it sounds like the Ducks are expecting Stanford to run a ball control offense.
- To prepare for the physicality of the game, the Ducks played physically in practice, the first of two in pads.
- Armstead and Buckner sound like they're working well together despite Armstead's absence over the last 3 1/2 games. The Ducks will need them to play at a very high level on Saturday.
- Oregon is 5th in the first ever College Football Playoff rankings. Three SEC teams are included in the top 3. There are some encouraging and questionable signs from the early poll, but one thing that I like: it's clear the committee takes its responsibility much more seriously than the Coaches, AP, or Harris poll ever did, and that's a very good thing.
- Here are the game notes for the Oregon/Stanford game. If we trust these depth charts at all (and the practice reports) it appears that Armstead and Tyner will be available against the Cardinal.
- Well, this was inevitable. Let's debate if Royce Freeman or Leonard Fournette is the better RB!
- Andrew Greif had a piece yesterday on the wristbands you may have noticed the team wearing. They are inscribed with the names David Quessenberry and Alex Lam, and well, just go read the story.
Tweet Of The Day
Calling my shot now. Final Four will be: FSU, Oregon, Auburn, Mich St
— Matt Daddy (@mattdaddysblog) October 29, 2014