- Yesterday, Don Pellum was introduced as Oregon's defensive coordinator. What exactly does that mean? Moseley has a story after Pellum's press conference. It sounds like there will be a few tweaks and a focus on discipline.
- Andrew Greif's story focuses on the loyalty in the Oregon program, and how it may not have been what got Pellum the job. Pellum said yesterday, "I know coach Helfrich sees the right characteristics and the right integrity and the right discipline and the right things in me to make this decision." Those are the right things to say. It sounds like Helfrich went out and get a DC that he wanted. That's what he needed to do, and now we just have to wait and see if it'll work out.
- Meanwhile, Ted Miller writes about Oregon and Mark Helfrich's valuing of continuity in the football program.
- It was also a big day for #ProDucks in the NFL. First, Kiko Alonso was named Defensive Rookie of the Year.
- After his historic day on Sunday, LeGarrette Blount will also grace the cover of Sports Illustrated. It's great to see two players that had rocky times at Oregon find such success in the NFL.