- Baseball season kicks off on Friday, and if you missed them, Dave has both the pitching, and the hitting covered.
- Oregon baseball coach George Horton is nearing some big career milestones, or as he puts it, "it means you're old." Horton is nearing 900 wins as a college coach, and will likely hit 200 at Oregon fairly soon. Hopefully he can add a 7th trip to Omaha this season.
- New Oregonian writer Tyson Alger has a fun story, Oregon pitcher (and Thurston High product) Darrell Hunter proposed to his girlfriend at PK Park's home plate in January. Don't worry, she said "yes."
- Oregon indoor track is underway. The Oregon women currently sit at No. 2 nationally, and the Oregon men are 3rd. Pretty astounding for teams that don't have an actual indoor track. The Oregon women are four-time defending champions.
- It should be another great season in track & field ending once again in Track Town, USA. Season tickets for Oregon track & field as well as tickets to the NCAA Championship in Eugene go on sale tomorrow.
- I guess we can talk about basketball. Here's Andrew Grief on the importance of Joseph Young and the pick-and-roll in the upcoming Civil War. Whatever, I just am hoping not to be thoroughly disappointed once again.
- And hey, why not. Let's talk a little football! Pacific Takes gives their post-signing day Top 25. Oregon and UCLA both make the top 10, with the Ducks at #4. But I can't take either Auburn or Michigan State in the Top 10 seriously. For contrast, here's Football Study Hall's early S&P+ projections. Got any teams you think are over/underrated headed into next season? Let us know in the comments.
More from Addicted To Quack
- Westminster Kennel Club Dog Show Finals Open Thread
- Oregon Ducks Baseball: Offensive Experience Returns, But Where Is The Power?
- Tako Tuesdays Saves Your Valentine's Day
- Quack Fix: Pac-12 looking to reduce number of football night games
- Oregon Ducks Baseball: Despite Cole Irvin's Injury, George Horton Has Plenty To Work With On The Mound