- After a close first half, UCLA really took it to Oregon in the second half of their second round matchup in the Pac-12 Tournament, beating the Ducks 82-63 in Las Vegas. Oregon will now await their fate with the NCAA Tournament Committee with a trip to Buffalo likely. Given how the middle of the season went, I'm happy the team will make the big dance but oh how things could have gone without that losing streak.
- If you want to relive last night's UCLA game, the Oregonian has some pictures from the event.
- The 2014 NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships start today. Here's a breakdown of the mid-d and distance events. Friend of the Blog, and runner up to be cast as Johnny Storm in the Fantastic Four movie, Ken Goe, gives us a look at the Women's Team who's going for a fifth consecutive national title. I guess you could say that Alabama has been trying to be the Oregon Women's Indoor Track Team of Football.
- Portland has their own football team again. The Portland Thunder, led by former Oregon Duck Darron Thomas, will take on San Jose at 7pm at the Moda Center.
- I was curious why Oregon could have "Fighting Ducks" on their uniforms but Baylor couldn't have "Sic ‘em Bears". Now you know.
- The 2014 Oregon Ducks Football Pro Day is now here and gone. Here's some nuggets about the event and how some familiar faces did.
- Next time you head to an event, make sure you check the size of the beer cups before you order. The Idaho Steelheads have been accused of selling large beers that hold the same amount of beer as the smalls... just $3 more. To be fair, they should have just called it a "tall beer".
Blurb of the Day
Happy Pi Day!
Happy Pi Day! And remember it's Einstein's birthday as well pic.twitter.com/Dx57FNXW4o— ScienceAlert (@ScienceAlert) March 13, 2014
Friday Video of the Week
Want to learn about who makes fonts? These guys make fonts.